Friday, February 5, 2010

An Experiment in Faithfulness...

Today I find myself in more or less of a compromising situation...

After all, by starting this new blog, people might assume this is my first blog and that I am in fact a blogging virgin who is new and unexperienced to this brave new world of publicly and electronically shared ramblings...

This would be wrong.

I am *as embarassing as it is to admit* quite the opposite. I'm not just an unfaithful blogger, but a blogging whore, having written several blogs only to tire of them quickly or run out of things to say about my life.

Starting this new blog scares the pants off of me, but I'm looking at this new blogging adventure as necessary, as the last blog I tried did not conceal my identity very cleverly and sadly I happened to have some very strong opinions about Edward Cullen (as I remember... things of the sparkly-pale-fuckwit variety were said) and having people know my identity forced me to realise that I perhaps wasn't so safe after all from thirteen year old girls weilding rather heavy hardback copies of Twilight that were not only made by Stephanie Meyer with the intention to impress small minded females, but also to harm me in the face. Thank you Miss Meyer.

This experience opened my eyes to the idea that maybe not EVERYONE happens to agree with everything I say. And to save myself from further assassination attempts by the various people I tend to aggravate, I'm now relishing my newfound pseudonym.

I'd also like to clarify that the name 'Smaller than Jesus' does not:
  1. Mean I'm a bible thumping maniac with the intention to 'SAVE' you or your oh-so-dear ones (I'm agnostic)
  2. Mean that I am having an electronically-literary stab at the bloke... he has after all not done anything to me to incur such softcore revenge.
It simply means that I am just not very cool, popular, influential or particularly clever... and much like John Lennon, I consider Jesus/The Beatles an acceptable contrast to just how great I am.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure what I expect from my new blogging endevour, but hopefully it will be an experience for both you and me.

Yours lovingly,

Miss Anne

1 comment:

  1. Oh that S.Meyer. Such a sneaky thing. Unfortunately its more then 13 year old girls that are brainwashed by the trash. Sad to say at least half my Extension level English class was sucked in by Meyer's pseudo-intellectual word use, two dimensional characters and predictable plot :(. I am lucky enough to have escaped a literal bashing by a Twilight fan, although I've read some pretty nasty stories on the internet.
    Anyway, I think this is a good idea, especially the anonymity and all that. Since this is an introductory blog, there really isn't much need in the ways of critique/feedback. However I will say, unlike Stephenie Meyer (who's parents seem to fear the letter 'a'), you use big words well and appropriately. I enjoy your sense of humour, as in its of a more intellectual variety to the normal 'funny person' And I shall stop rambling now. Hope to read more from you soon.

    ReplyDelete